School Choice / Transfers

A parent or legal guardian of any student wishing to enroll in the Viola School District, who resides in another Arkansas district, must contact the Superintendent's office (870-458-4001) to fill out an Application for Transfer to a Nonresident District by May 1st of the year prior to enrollment.

After May 1st, or if immediate enrollment is desired, the parent or legal guardian must make a Petition for Transfer of Students to the Superintendent (John May 870-458-4001), who must obtain the approval of the board of directors of both the resident and nonresident districts.

The Viola School District reserves the right to refuse enrollment of any transfer student if additional staff or extraordinary expenses will be required because of the enrollment of the transfer student.

To return to the "State-Required Information" page, CLICK HERE.